How to Start and Build a Law Practice
by Jay Foonberg
- Practical advice and a classic “must read” for attorneys considering a solo practice
- Gives confidence to attorneys going out on their own
- Available in the American Bar Association bookstore and individual chapters can be purchased for immediate download.
- This book has not been updated since 2004, so its content will be somewhat outdated.
Mastering the Art of Depositions
“Mastering the Art of Depositions,” a new release from the American Bar Association, provides practical advice for both beginning lawyers and seasoned trial attorneys on how to take and use depositions for maximum advantage. This book explores differing techniques for lawyers on both sides of the bar, and considers techniques that can be used when deposing hostile or adverse witnesses, expert witnesses, and lay witnesses.
- Build a Profitable Law Firm: Use This Business Plan Workbook via Attorney at Work
- Law Firm Technology: Must-Read Resources at the San Francisco Law Library
- Client Billing: Must-Read Resources at the San Francisco Law Library
- Finances & Profitability: Must-Read Resources at the San Francisco Law Library
- Marketing & Business Development: Must-Read Resources at the San Francisco Law Library
- Starting Your Law Firm: Must-Read Resources at the San Francisco Law Library
- The San Francisco Law Library is Ready to Help You
- Legal Writing Tip: How to Get Started on That Brief
- Free Legal Research Available in Member Lounge
- One Attorney, One Saturday a Month, 32 Years = 1,600 Pro Bono Hours
- American Bar Association Book Store: BASF membership entitles you to 15% off the list price of any of the American Bar Association’s more than 300 titles.
- State Bar of California: Visit the Solo and Small Firm Section of the State Bar of California
website at solo.calbar.ca.gov for more information.